Patient StoriesPalliative, hospice care ease transition for terminally ill manOctober 18, 2018
Patient StoriesRegular mammograms, 3D imaging lead to early breast cancer detectionOctober 17, 2018
Patient StoriesBack on the field, calling the shotsOctober 15, 2018
Back-to-school time means back to homework for the kids — and parents back to packing school lunches. This year, take your inspiration from the fairground, and try layering your kids’ favorite foods on a wooden skewer or cake pop stick.
- Sandwich kabobs: Layer cubed bread, meat, cheese and slices of lettuce. Send mustard and mayo for dipping. Consider adding cherry tomatoes, pickle slices or olives, as well.
- Sandwich roll-ups: Roll lunch meat and sliced cheese, then skewer with a pretzel rod.
- Italian kabobs: Layer cooked cheese tortellini with salami or pepperoni slices. Send along marinara sauce for dipping.
- Breakfast for lunch: Alternate small pieces of French toast or mini waffles with berries or banana slices. Include a side of syrup (and a wet wipe.)
- Salad on a stick: Skewer chunks of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and cheese, and send a side of your child’s favorite dressing. Or try a fruit salad with melon balls, berries and banana slices. Send along a container of yogurt for dipping.
- Dessert: Layer marshmallows and brownie chunks for an easy sweet treat. Or try small rice crispy treats with strawberries.