Students who wish to apply for admission to the School of Anesthesia must meet the following requirements:
Currently a licensed registered nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in a basic science
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing that offered at least 30 hours of nursing education, with additional credit in biophysical sciences including:
- microbiology – 1 semester
- anatomy/physiology – 2 semesters
- chemistry/physics – 2 semesters
- Be eligible for Registered Nurse licensure by the Wisconsin Department of Nursing
Have at least 18 months nursing experience in a critical care setting (ICU, CCU, SICU, NICU)
- Have an undergraduate Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Applications are accepted between July 1 and October 1 for the following May admission date. Processing of the application will not occur until the files are complete at both Franciscan Healthcare and UW-La Crosse..
- Submit completed application for admission to the Franciscan Healthcare School of Anesthesia, accompanied by $20 application fee (non-refundable).
- Submit completed application for admission in the graduate program of the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Department of Biology including a $56 processing fee. Acceptance in UW-L's program does not guarantee acceptance in the School of Anesthesia. GRE scores are required. Although no minimum score is required, scores in the 50% range are preferred.
- Submit official transcripts of educational experience from school of nursing and/or college to School of Anesthesia Program Director and UW-La Crosse
- Submit three letters of reference - one must be from your current supervisor. They others may be from colleagues, physicians, or college professors of your choice. ( A "Confidential Report on Applicant" form may be used if desired).
- Submit a copy of your current RN license.
- Applicants will be screened and eligible candidates will be invited to appear for a personal interview before the Admissions Committee in November.