Volunteering at Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare
At Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare, volunteers are an integral part of the team. Our volunteers interact with patients and families, provide information and hospitality, and assist with a wide range of projects and tasks. We seek volunteers of all ages who are compassionate, welcoming, and able to meet the requirements of the activities to which they are assigned. Our volunteers are valued and appreciated. We are grateful for their service!
Some things to consider:
- We require adult volunteers to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service with us.
- For college and high school students the minimum is 30 hours.
- The process for becoming a volunteer is rigorous and involves completion of a health history, background check(s) and immunizations.
- Volunteers are required to complete a 1 ½ hour orientation and must receive an annual flu shot or provide a declination form.
- Annual education is also required and involves a review of important topics including safety, infection control, and confidentiality.
If you think you might be interested in volunteering we would love to hear from you.
During the interview process we will learn what areas are of greatest interest to you and determine whether appropriate volunteer opportunities exist within our organization. We are not able to offer volunteer opportunities to all applicants.
All individuals interested in volunteering must complete their respective online application form. Applications are accepted according to the schedule below. Once submitted we will contact you.
- Applications are accepted at all times.
College Students (apply)
- Applications for Spring semester are accepted Nov. 15 to Dec. 15.
- Applications for Summer session are accepted April 15 to May 15;
- Applications for Fall semester are accepted July 15 to Aug. 15.
High School Students (apply)
- Applications for the Spring semester are accepted Nov. 15 to Dec. 15.
- Applications for the Summer session are accepted April 15 to May 15.
- Applications for the Fall semester are accepted July 15 to Aug. 15.
Students who are accepted as volunteers and who wish to continue their service beyond the initial semester or session need not reapply to continue their service.
- If you are interested in a Job Shadow (8 hours or less of observation) or an Internship (paid position) see the information on our Educational Experiences page.
First Floor South, Professional Arts Building, 615 10th Street South, La Crosse, WI