We Make it Easy
Want to contact your provider or access your medical records?
Connect with your care team, view your medical records, request appointments and more through Patient Online Services.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for expert advice, inspiring stories and upcoming events delivered to your inbox once a month.
Looking for Careers at Mayo Clinic?
The Mayo Clinic culture emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, professionalism and mutual respect, creating an exceptional place to work.
Mayo Clinic Careers
Billing & Insurance
Patient Account Services is dedicated to providing a variety of patient services as a courtesy and convenience to you. Our staff understands the complexity of medical charges and insurance issues.
Call us at 1-844-217-9591 (toll-free) if you have questions about your bill or need assistance. You can also contact us online and we'll respond as promptly as possible.
Expand an option below for more information.
Online Bill pay
You will need to provide your guarantor number (from your bill) and last name.
If you need assistance with paying your bill, call Customer Service at 1-844-217-9591 (toll-free).
assistance paying your bill
Mayo Clinic Health System realizes most medical expenses are unexpected. It's important to let us know as soon as possible if you're having difficulty paying your bill. We'll work with you to create a reasonable payment program to fit your needs. This can include a monthly payment plan or a financial assistance program.
- Payment plan — Contact Patient Account Services to set up a payment plan of up to 10 months. Extended payment plans are available based on your income and financial need.
- Financial counseling — Mayo Clinic Health System provides free financial counseling if you’re uninsured or experiencing difficulty paying your medical bills. This includes preservice counseling by calling our Financial Clearance Call Center at 1-844-312-8263 (toll-free). We can also help explain payment options, evaluate your financial need and inform you of government assistance funding.
- Charity Care Program — Mayo Clinic Health System provides financial assistance to patients based on income, assets, family size and employment status. We'll provide you with an application to complete and return. Your financial situation will be reviewed and we'll determine if assistance is appropriate for you.
Policies and Forms
Review our policies for more information.
- Billing and Collection Policy
- Provider List
- Financial Assistance Policy | Plain Language Summary
- Non-Hospital Charitable Care and Financial Assistance Policy
In order to qualify for certain programs, you may need to complete a Financial Assistance Application.
If you have insurance:
- Mayo Clinic Health System will submit your bill to your insurance company. You'll be asked to assign benefits from your insurance company directly to Mayo Clinic Health System. Please remember, your policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, and you have final responsibility for payment of your bill.
- Copayments will be collected at the time services are performed.
- We'll request a copy of your insurance card.
- You're responsible to make sure the requirements of your insurance plan have been met, including precertifications, referrals, etc.
If you have no insurance, contact our customer service representatives to discuss payment arrangements. They can assist you with applying for Minnesota state health care programs.
You'll receive a statement of your account when there is a self-pay balance due and every 30 days thereafter. You won't receive a statement when your account balance is zero. You can sign up for e-Statements to make payments online and access your past billing statements and payment history.