Patients & Visitors
- Accessibility to Services
- Advance Care Planning
- Community Resources
- Chaperone Policy
- Comments and Concerns
- DAISY Award Nomination
- Did We Fail to Meet Your Expectations?
- Interpreter Services and Communication Assistance
- Medical Forms
- New Patients
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Safety
- Regulatory & Compliance
- Same-day Care Options
- Spiritual Care
- Support Person Program
- Visitors Guide
- Wellness Resources
As a visitor to Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, you may need to know about visiting hours, nearby accommodations and more.
In our commitment to good health, Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is a completely tobacco-free organization. This includes all buildings and grounds and applies to patients, staff and visitors. The intent of a tobacco-free environment is to reduce the health risks of tobacco use, reduce the risks associated with passive smoke and reduce the risk of a fire safety hazard. There are no designated smoking areas anywhere on the campus for anyone. Smoking is prohibited everywhere on any Mayo Clinic Health System property.
SUPPORT PERSON PROGRAM
When a patient is admitted to any inpatient department, we ask the patient or family member to identify one support person who will be the primary patient representative to receive information and updates about the patient's condition. This support person is also responsible for communicating these updates to family and friends and acting as the patient's advocate. Each patient is assigned a security code. To protect the privacy of the patient and allow the nurse to spend the maximum amount of time with the patient, the support person must have this security code to obtain information about the patient.
Support Person Tips
- Let us know if you do not want us to give out your name and contact information to callers and visitors if they ask for your updated clinical information.
- Take notes when receiving medical information so you can refer to them when updating family and friends.
- Ask for information about CaringBridge to post online updates.
VISITOR GUIDELINES AND HOURS
Some departments in Eau Claire have restricted visiting hours. See the information below, then contact the department if you have further questions.
Critical Care Unit
- Generally, visiting hours are determined by each patient’s individual needs and changes in his or her condition. Please check with a nurse.
- Children may be allowed to visit based on the patient’s condition. Please check with a nurse.
- Family waiting rooms are available 24 hours a day for you use.
- Quiet rest period is from 2–4 p.m. daily. Please visit during other times.
- Please visit the CCU page for more information.
Family Birthing Center
The hospital entrance is closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. If you are in labor and need to come to Family Birth Center between these times, please enter the building through the Emergency Department. Support people that stay overnight in your postpartum room that leave and re-enter the building during the overnight hours must use the Emergency Department entrance. Limited Emergency Department entry is preferred. Please see our brochure on Family Birth Center visiting guidelines.
Inpatient Behavioral Health
Visiting hours are Monday through Saturday from noon to 1 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m. Visiting outside of these hours can be arranged with the nurse assigned to the patient's care. All visitors must pass through a metal detector. Items considered unsafe in the unit will be kept in a locker for protection. Cell phones are not allowed and also will be kept in a locker. Visiting may be limited if the charge nurse determines there may be safety concerns.
There are no limitations except by physician order or patient/family request. Quiet rest time is from 1 to 3 p.m. daily. Please visit during other times.
Special Care Nursery
Please see our brochure on Special Care Nursery visiting guidelines.
The Accommodations Guide is a list of establishments located within a reasonable distance of the Eau Claire hospital and clinic locations. Be sure to ask for the Mayo Clinic Health System patient and family discount when making your reservation. For a complete listing of accommodations in Eau Claire, go to Visit Eau Claire.
Vendors must register in Mayo Clinic's Supplier/Vendor Management Program.