Hyperbaric therapy uses 100 percent oxygen to promote optimum healing. Inside a clear acrylic chamber called a hyperbaric chamber, you breathe pure oxygen to saturate blood plasma, carrying 20 to 30 times the normal amount of oxygen to body tissue. This allows your body’s natural healing mechanism to function more efficiently.
Conditions that may benefit from hyperbaric therapy include:
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities
- Wounds that have not healed in several weeks
- Post-radiation tissue injuries
- Diabetes-related foot and ankle ulcers
- Wounds caused by poor circulation or trauma
Learn more about wound care services in Albert Lea.