Career Education Experience Opportunities
Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare recognizes the importance of career development opportunities for young people interested in the different health care fields. Please note the information below regarding possible opportunities. Other than volunteering, the opportunities listed below are available to college-level students or older.
- Limited to college-level students who are required to have a shadow experience either as part of their curriculum or as part of their application to a health care related academic program. These are typically no more than 8 hours.
- The academic program must also have a contractual relationship with Franciscan Healthcare that addresses in-person, educational experiences. Please check with your instructor or academic program prior to requesting a job shadow.
- Depending on workload and availability, physicians, leaders and other staff at Franciscan Healthcare may be available for informal interviews focusing on careers exploration. These are normally up to one hour in length and are more casual in nature. These may take place in the staff member’s office or a public location. Due to patient privacy and security restrictions, these will not include access to patient care service areas.
- Some departments offer internships (semester, summer, academic year) either on a paid basis or for formal academic credit as part of a specific curriculum. Paid internship positions are posted with career centers at educational institutions that have contractual relationships with Franciscan Healthcare. For academic credit internships, please consult with your program office or instructor on availabilities at Franciscan Healthcare.
- Young people seeking extended experiences in a health care setting should consider becoming a volunteer at Franciscan Healthcare. Hours and duties may vary. Training is provided. The minimum age to be a volunteer is 14. Learn more about Volunteering at Franciscan Healthcare.
For inquiries regarding job shadows, interviews, or internships, please use the Contact Us form and select "careers" from the subject list.