Billing & Insurance
Your medical charges and insurance issues can be difficult to understand. We are here to help you sort it all out.
If you have questions or need help, please stop by any clinic or hospital location Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or call us at 1-888-838-6193 (toll-free).
Learn More About:
Bill Pay Options
Subscribe to e-Statements to make online payments, access your past billing statements and payment history online. Log in using the subscribe link and follow the easy steps. Have your most recent statement available when you enroll. It contains information you will need to enroll. If you need assistance, please call 1-888-838-6193 (toll-free) Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you receive statements for clinic and hospital services, you will need to go through the enrollment process for each. View frequently asked questions about e-Statements.
Make a payment using a credit card, debit card or checking account. Or, view your past statements and payment history.
Hospital and Physician Charges
Wisconsin Transparency Law — Act 146
Act 146 regarding health care charges went into effect Jan. 1, 2011. The act identifies requirements for releasing information by health care providers, hospitals and insurers.Charge information is provided upon request, within a realistic time, at no charge from Revenue Cycle.
Hospital charge information is available at:
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire: wipricepoint.org
- Mayo Clinic Health System – Chippewa Valley in Bloomer: wipricepoint.org
- Mayo Clinic Health System – Northland in Barron: wipricepoint.org
- Mayo Clinic Health System – Oakridge in Osseo: wipricepoint.org
- Mayo Clinic Health System – Red Cedar in Menomonie: wipricepoint.org
Physician charge information is available for:
- Chippewa Falls
- Eau Claire
- Glenwood City
- Rice Lake
Billing and Payments
All insurance plans have varying requirements, which you must know in order to ensure insurance coverage. This may require you to take an active role in contacting your insurance plan regarding precertifications, referrals, etc. You are prompted to pay all amounts not covered by insurance at time of preregistration/check-in including co-pays, noncovered services, deductibles and/or coinsurance. View the list of our insurance affiliations.
- Charge information is provided upon request, within a realistic time, at no charge. Insurers can give the best estimate of the total charges not covered by insurance. For additional information, please contact Patient Account Services at 1-888-838-6193 (toll-free).
- You will receive a monthly billing statement itemizing the services received. Payment is expected within 15 days.
- Insurance claims will be submitted to insurance companies free of charge.
- Please remember, insurance policies are a contract between the you and your insurance company. As a result, it your responsibility for payment of your bill.
- We realize that most medical expenses arise from unexpected accidents or illnesses and are difficult to budget. Call 1-888-838-6193 (toll-free) to speak with a patient financial planner who is able to assist you in establishing payment arrangements and/or discussing financial assistance options.
- If you are uninsured or underinsured, a patient advocate from Cardon Outreach will work with you to help you find funding for your health care expenses. Please contact Patient Account Services at 1-888-838-6193,and ask for Cardon Outreach.
Read about our Organized Health Care Arrangement.
We have a long history of providing care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. Our primary value is "The needs of the patient come first."
We provide services to meet the needs of people who are unable to pay for care. These services include:
- Helping you find sources to fund your care, including opportunities to work with outside agencies.
- Using fair and consistent collection practices that are in the best interest of all parties involved.
- Providing individualized payment plans, medical services at reduced rates or at no cost — based on your ability to pay.
- Providing emergency care to stabilize you, regardless of your ability to pay.
We can help you find alternative sources of funding for your medical care. We determine your need for charity care based on financial information and the medical services needed. The financial information includes your individual and family income, assets, employment status, family size and availability of alternative sources of payment.
If you're experiencing financial hardship, please contact Patient Financial Planning at 715-838-6600 or 1-888-838-6193 (toll-free) or arrange to meet with one of our financial counselors to discuss options such as a payment plan or government assistance. Visit our offices in one of these locations:
Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire
1400 Bellinger St.
P.O. Box 1510
Eau Claire, WI 54702-1510
733 W. Clairemont Ave.
P.O. Box 1510
Eau Claire, WI 54702-1510
Mayo Clinic Health System – Chippewa Valley
1501 Thompson St.
Bloomer, WI 54724
Mayo Clinic Health System – Northland
1222 East Woodland Ave.
Barron, WI 54812
331 South Main St., Suite H
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Mayo Clinic Health System – Oakridge
13025 Eighth St.
Osseo, WI 54758-0070
Mayo Clinic Health System – Red Cedar
2321 Stout Road
Menomonie, WI 54751
We may ask you to complete a Financial Statement Application, which will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Note that until your application has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you'll be financially responsible for your medical care. Completing an application may not absolve you of your full financial responsibility with Mayo Clinic Health System. See our Financial Assistance brochure for more information.
Patients determined to be eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more than amounts generally billed (AGB) to those who have insurance coverage for emergency or other medically necessary care. Eligible patients with insurance coverage will not be personally responsible to pay more than AGB after all payments by the health insurer have been applied. Read more about the basis for calculating amounts charged.
Please review our policies for detailed information:
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy: Plain Language Summary
- Billing and Collections Policy
- Provider List
Please return the completed Financial Statement Application and all required information to:
Patient Account Services
P.O. Box 4105
Eau Claire, WI 54702-9950
Or, send to any of the listed locations above.