Find a Provider
Mayo Clinic Health System provides you access to Mayo Clinic care. We have more than 1,000 providers to serve more than half a million patients a year... all close to home.
Locations & Services
Dr. Sandoval is a physician-investigator whose work was been focused in the field of acute myocardial infarction and the use of cardiac troponin assays. His clinical research has resulted in numerous publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and presentations at national meetings. Because of this work, he was recognized as a Young Investigator Award Finalist by the American College of Cardiology at the 2016 Scientific Sessions.
He has authored over 40 peer-reviewed manuscripts and 50 national/regional abstracts, including notable publications in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology and the Lancet.
As part of the Department of Cardiology in La Crosse, he offers both non-invasive and invasive cardiovascular services, including procedures such as cardiac catheterizations and percutaneous coronary interventions.
Training & Credentials
- Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Médicas de Centro America, San José, Costa Rica
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Cardiovascular Disease, Hennepin County Medical Center/Abbott-Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Interventional Cardiology, Hennepin County Medical Center/Abbott-Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
- Acute cardiac care
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Cardiac biomarkers
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease
- Percutaneous coronary revascularization
- Stable angina