Find a Provider
Mayo Clinic Health System provides you access to Mayo Clinic care. We have more than 1,000 providers to serve more than half a million patients a year... all close to home.
Locations & Services
La Crosse, WI
Clinic800 West Ave. S., La Crosse, WI 54601
Training & Credentials
- Pontificia Universidad Católica College of Medicine, Quito, Ecuador
- Certificate in Clinical and Translational Sciences, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Doctorate in Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Endocrinology - Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Hurtado has also served as an Endocrine Research Associate and Pediatric Post-doctoral Fellow at the University of Florida.
- Physiopathology of diabetes mellitus.
- Obesity and Metabolism.
- Food intake control, peripheral and central mechanisms and the effect of the circadian rhythm disruption.
- Development of potential therapies to treat obesity using endogenous regulators of metabolism.
- Gastrointestinal peptides and food intake control.
- Bariatric surgery outcomes with co-morbidities.
- Thyroid cancer treatment with immune-modulators.
- Post-surgical adrenal insufficiency management in non-ACTH dependent Cushing Syndrome.