Located at 101 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Mankato, this clinic will serve as the new home for Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato’s Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine Department, which was previously housed on the Mankato hospital campus. The new facility will also be the location for pediatric specialty outreach services for specialists from Rochester and the new Mankato Family and Child Advocacy Center. The new children’s center will be located on the same campus as Mayo Clinic Health System’s Mankato Eastridge clinic.
“Pediatric primary and specialty care will continue to be a priority for us within the community,” says James Hebl M.D., Mayo Clinic Health System regional vice president. “The new children’s center is a state-of-the-art facility that will allow us to further elevate that level of care for the children and families of Mankato and the surrounding communities.”
An investment of $3.4 million dollars, the children’s center was designed to occupy the space previously used for employee training during Mayo Clinic Health System’s electronic health record conversion, which took place in November 2017.
“The goal of the children’s center is to provide specialty care close to home,” says Kathleen Linnemann, M.D., Mayo Clinic Health System regional department chair of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. “When needed, we have the unique ability to connect our patients in Mankato to additional resources in Rochester, both in person and online to provide exceptional care when and where they need it.”
Features of the new clinic include:
- Converts 22,000 square feet from non-patient care (former employee training space) to pediatric clinic space
- Efficiently spaced workstations for physicians, providers and support staff
- Patient care rooms designed for efficiency, comfort and utility
- 30 patient exam rooms
- Two large procedure rooms
- Rooms designed specifically for the delivery of behavioral health care
- Home to the Mankato Child and Family Advocacy Center, a space for law enforcement, child protection and other social service agencies to meet with children who have been abused or are involved in other legal issues
- Comfortable patient waiting area designed and furnished specifically for children and their families
- External windows to provide an abundance of natural light
- Youth-friendly interior and exterior design elements
Patients can make an appointment with a Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine provider by calling 507-594-4700.
Mayo Clinic Health System consists of clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities that serve the health care needs of people in more than 60 communities in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The community-based providers, paired with the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic, enable patients in the region to receive the highest-quality health care close to home.
Press ContactMicah Dorfner