- Prenatal Classes
- Your Nurses
- Caring for the Family
- Labor Management
- Immediately After Delivery
- Postpartum Routines for Mom
- Environmental Services
- Phone Calls
- Safety Concerns
Breastfeeding More Breastfeeding and Parenting Info.
Breastfeeding can be a satisfying way to nourish and nurture your baby. Most women have the physical capacity to provide breast milk for her baby. Optimal benefits for mother and baby are attained if breastfeeding continues through the first year of life. Whatever your breastfeeding goal is, our professionals are available to help.
The providers and nurses who care for you offer a professional, knowledgeable and supportive approach to enhance your breastfeeding experience.
- Support and guidance for breastfeeding mothers with premature infants.
- Collaboration with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), Certified Lactation Counselors (CLC) and other health care professionals to address breastfeeding difficulties.
- Telephone consultation and support after hospital discharge.
- Information on breast pump rentals and breastfeeding accessories.
What specific lactation/breastfeeding concerns should I discuss with my nurses and providers?
- Feelings, concerns and expectations about breastfeeding your baby
- Positioning and latching technique
- Prevention and care of sore nipples
- Milk production (too much or too little)
- Sucking difficulties
- Family involvement (fathers, siblings, grandparents)
- Breastfeeding and baby's temperament
- Slow weight gain
- Jaundiced infants
- Feeding twins/triplets
- Managing breastfeeding when mother and baby are separated (vacation, employment, school, hospitalization, etc.)
- Nutritional considerations during breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding your baby with special medical problems
- Pumping, storing and transporting milk
- Baby's refusal to breastfeed
- Introducing the bottle
We are dedicated to helping you and your family have the best possible breastfeeding experience. Call us for a telephone consultation or to schedule an outpatient appointment.