- Prenatal Classes
- Your Nurses
- Caring for the Family
- Labor Management
- Immediately After Delivery
- Postpartum Routines for Mom
- Environmental Services
- Phone Calls
- Safety Concerns
Hospital and Clinic
Breast-feeding More Breast-feeding and Parenting Info.
Breast-feeding can be a satisfying way to nourish and nurture your baby. Most women have the physical capacity to provide breast milk for her baby. Optimal benefits for mother and baby are attained if breast-feeding continues through the first year of life. Whatever your breast-feeding goal is, our professionals are available to help.
The providers and nurses who care for you offer a professional, knowledgeable and supportive approach to enhance your breast-feeding experience.
- Support and guidance for breast-feeding mothers with premature infants.
- Collaboration with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), Certified Lactation Counselors (CLC) and other health care professionals to address breast-feeding difficulties.
- Telephone consultation and support after hospital discharge.
- Information on breast pump rentals and breast-feeding accessories.
What specific lactation/breast-feeding concerns should I discuss with my nurses and providers?
- Feelings, concerns and expectations about breast-feeding your baby
- Positioning and latching technique
- Prevention and care of sore nipples
- Milk production (too much or too little)
- Sucking difficulties
- Family involvement (fathers, siblings, grandparents)
- Breast-feeding and baby's temperament
- Slow weight gain
- Jaundiced infants
- Feeding twins/triplets
- Managing breast-feeding when mother and baby are separated (vacation, employment, school, hospitalization, etc.)
- Nutritional considerations during breast-feeding
- Breast-feeding your baby with special medical problems
- Pumping, storing and transporting milk
- Baby's refusal to breast-feed
- Introducing the bottle
We are dedicated to helping you and your family have the best possible breast-feeding experience. Call us for a telephone consultation or to schedule an outpatient appointment.