Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare Home Care skilled professionals and support staff provide patient-centered care to meet your individual needs. The team includes nurses, physical and occupational therapists, and home health aides who work with you and your physician to individualize your plan of care. We also provide specialized services when you need it. We do everything we can to enable a successful recovery at home with your comfort, safety, and well being serving as our primary concern.
Our home care services were recently recognized as one of the HomeCare Elite Top 25 Percent of US Home Health Agencies. Winners are selected based on quality of care, quality improvement and financial performance.
Home Care provides a variety of services to ensure you get the care you need. They include:
- Skilled nursing - registered nurses, under the direction of a physician provide case management, teaching, assessment and treatment of skilled cares (including wound care, wound vacs, ostomy care, catheter care, cardio-respiratory care and diabetic care).
- Infusion therapy - registered nurses assist and teach patients and/or family members to manage I.V. antibiotics, and total parental nutrition
- Medication management - registered nurses teach patient and/or family members to manage medication regimen following an inpatient stay by reviewing medicine routine, assessing side effects, teaching interactions with other medications or foods, and monitoring compliance.
- Home health aides - trained aides work under the supervision of a skilled nurse or therapist to encourage and assist patients to gain independence as they provide daily personal cares, skin cares and exercises.
- Physical therapy services - includes evaluation and treatment for mobility and gait training, balance training, strength deficits, adult and pediatric neuromuscular and/or neuromotor deficits, therapeutic exercise and wheelchair fitting.
- Occupational therapy - includes evaluation and treatment for self cares, functional transfer training, cognition and perception deficits, splinting, energy conservation and upper body strengthening.
Home Care also has access to the following services through the Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare. They include social services, nutrition services, enterostomal services, speech therapy, respiratory therapy, home medical equipment, and pharmacy services.
Making a home care referral
The primary physician, family, friends, clergy, or other health care members can make a home care referral. In order to receive care, the primary physician must deem the services necessary and makes the final decision on what is to be provided.
Office hours for Home Care are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Skilled nursing care is on call 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
Information and Appointments:
To learn more about home care or to make an appointment, call 608-392-9790 or 800-362-5454 ext. 29790.
Home Care offices are located in the St. Ann Building at 620 11th Street South, La Crosse, WI 54601
We accept assignment on all Medicare and Medical Assistance claims. Many insurance plans include home care coverage. Patients will not be denied home care based on their ability to pay. All patient services are provided without regard to race, color, creed, sex, disability (mental or physical), or place of national origin.