Excellent pregnancy care that fits your busy life.
Mayo Clinic OB Nest, a new Mayo Clinic-developed program available at Mayo Clinic Health System OBGYN departments, makes pregnancy care easier and more convenient than ever before. Online and telephone appointments replace a few trips to the clinic, saving you time and travel. An at-home fetal heart monitor lets you and your family listen to baby’s heartbeat anytime, enhancing your peace of mind and allowing you to share the excitement of pregnancy. Plus, access to expert answers when you need them helps keep life simple and more serene.
Mayo Clinic Health System provides comprehensive support throughout one of life's most amazing experiences. You can rely on our obstetrics and gynecology experts for:
- Mayo Clinic OB Nest, an ultra-convenient, time-saving and reassuring pregnancy health care program
- Answers whenever you need them from expert obstetrics nurses and providers
- A wide variety of resources to help you maintain your confidence throughout pregnancy and after giving birth
- Trusted prenatal care information, childbirth classes and birthing tips before baby’s arrival
- A delivery based on your unique birth plan, plus advanced pain-relief options
- Expert post-partum care, with board-certified NICU providers and state-of-the-art NICU facilities
- Parenting classes as your new baby grows and develops
Mayo Clinic OB Nest boosts convenience and peace of mind
Your preferences come first
At the Family Birthplace pregnancy care center, we focus on your baby’s health and safety. Our team of obstetricians, gynecologists, OB nurses and lactation consultants also personalizes your birth experience based on your wishes.
- Want family members present during birth? We do everything possible to make it happen.
- Prefer one-on-one time with baby immediately after giving birth? We give you time and space to bond.
- Hoping to make labor easier by getting a massage, laboring in water or simply having a quiet space to rest? Just say the word.
Year after year, moms give Family Birthplace the highest ratings because we make pregnancy care and the birthing process more about what they want.
Evidence-based care you can trust
You can expect the most advanced, mom-centric pregnancy care, labor and delivery experience at the Family Birthplace. Why? Because our expert team never stops innovating. In fact, we’ve developed several care protocols that are now standard in other birthing centers.
- We were first in the Mayo family to add nitrous oxide to mom’s pain management options during delivery
- We were first to give mom and baby more cuddle (and essential bonding) time after birth—simply by delaying baby’s bath
- We help more fragile babies stay with mom instead of in the NICU, because our board-certified neonatal nurse practitioners are available 24 hours a day
- Our low-intervention care protocols reduce cesarean deliveries to far below state and national rates
- An umbilical cord protocol introduced by our team improves hemoglobin levels at birth and for months after
- We participate in important Mayo Clinic prenatal care research that improves the experience for expectant moms
Tour the Family Birthplace
See for yourself how Family Birthplace and programs like Mayo Clinic OB Nest at Mayo Clinic Health System can make having your baby the absolute best experience it can be. Visit the Family Birthplace on the fifth floor of the La Crosse Campus Hospital, 700 West Avenue South. To schedule your tour, call 608-392-9723 today.
Meet your extraordinary providers
The multidisciplinary team of experts at the Family Birthplace includes OBGYN physicians, nurses, certified nurse midwives, neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatologists, lactation counselors and family medicine faculty and residents—all dedicated to supporting your healthy pregnancy and providing a safe, comfortable and personalized birth experience.
OB-GYN experts dedicated to your health and comfort
See Obstetrics & Gynecology providers in La Crosse
See Neonatology providers in La Crosse
To talk with someone now, call 608-844-2161.
See the Family Birthplace web page.