It's mom's call
All our practices keep moms and little ones safe and healthy. But some are all about family closeness, personalized for each birth. If mom wants more time with baby from the beginning, her Family Birthplace team makes it happen.
Moms consistently give Family Birthplace the highest ratings, year after year, because we put their preferences first. Massage, water labor, a quiet time to catch up on sleep or a special role for big brother—it’s their call.
A new standard of evidence-based care
Many of the care protocols developed here by our Family Birthplace staff, are now standard in birthing centers.
- We were first to give mom and baby more cuddle time after birth—simply by delaying baby’s bath
- We were first in the Mayo family to add nitrous oxide to mom’s pain management options during delivery
- We help more fragile babies stay with mom instead of in the NICU, because board-certified neonatal nurse practitioners are right there
- Our low-intervention care protocols reduce cesarean deliveries to far below state and national rates
- An umbilical cord protocol introduced by our OB nurses improves hemoglobin levels at birth and for months after
- We’re part of important Mayo Clinic prenatal care research that improves the experience for expectant moms
To talk with someone now, call 608-392-9723.
See the Family Birthplace web page.
The Family Birthplace Team
Our multidisciplinary team includes OB/GYN physicians, nurses, certified nurse midwives, neonatal nurse practitioners and Family Medicine faculty and residents, all here to provide a safe, comfortable and personalized birth experience.
See Obstetrics & Gynecology providers in La Crosse
See Neonatology providers in La Crosse