22nd Annual Symposium on Geriatric Health: Selected Topics on Aging
Friday, March 9, 2018
Radisson Hotel La Crosse - Ballroom
200 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse, WI 54601
Sponsored by the Department of Geriatrics, Mayo Clinic Health System - Franciscan Healthcare
View the conference brochure for agenda and complete event details
Register online - advance registration is required and must be received by March 2, 2018
What's new in the field of aging?
The purpose of this Geriatric Symposium is to expand the participants’ knowledge base on current healthcare topics affecting the elderly patients, specifically: frailty, neuropsychological consultation, Sjogren’s Syndrome, speech and language in MCI and AD, incontinence and finding meaning and purpose.
Physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, administrators, dietitians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other allied health professionals.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of frailty.
- Define ways to prevent or reduce the risk of their patients becoming frail.
- List the implications of frailty
- Describe the communication changes that are evident across stages of cognitive decline in AD dementia.
- Recognize when referral for stress and urge incontinence are appropriate.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- $100 - physicians
- $85 - nurses, social workers, therapists, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals
- $55 - employees of the Southwest Wisconsin region of Mayo Clinic Health System
- $55 - students
Speaker presentations (PDF files) are the property of the presenter and are to be used only by conference registrants.
- Is It Really Irritable Bowel Syndrome? - Jena Casper, N.P.
- The Role of Neuropsychological Consultation - Adam Minniear, Psy.D.
- Neuropsychological Consultation in Geriatric Medicine - Adam Minniear, Psy.D.
- Incontinence in the Elderly: What Can We Do? - Dana Rademacher, M.D.
- Speech and Language in Mild Cognitive Impairment & Alzheimer's Disease - Kimberly Mueller, Ph.D.
- Meaning and Purpose: Discovering Your Inner Awesomeness - Nicole Block
- Polypharmacy - Nicolas Cooley, M.D.