Join our team of volunteers and make a difference in the lives of our patients and staff.
Volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but share the common desire to help others. They are men, women, retirees, teenagers, former patients, professionals, homemakers and students. They volunteer for different reasons — to explore health care careers, sharpen skills to re-enter the work world, stay active during retirement and put their free time to good use.
What does a volunteer do?
At Mayo Clinic Health System, our primary value is the needs of the patient come first. Volunteers support that value through a variety of roles, including:
- Greeting patients and visitors
- Transporting patients to appointments
- Working in the gift shops
- Delivering supplies
Volunteers who enjoy working with computers can provide clerical help. In addition, volunteers may participate in the pet therapy program with their certified therapy dog.
Review the volunteer opportunities to see which activities are suitable to your interests and availability, including detailed information about the hospice volunteer opportunities available in your local community.
- Barron: Call 715-537-6766.
- Bloomer: Call 715-568-6177.
- Eau Claire: Call 715-838-3262.
- Hospice: Call 715-464-5265.
- Menomonie: Call 715-233-7314.
- Osseo: Call 715-233-7314.
- Rice Lake: Call 715-537-6766.