College student volunteers are between the ages of 18 to 26 and currently enrolled in a college or university. A commitment of one shift per week for at least one full semester is required.
These positions are extremely competitive, so not all students who apply and interview will be accepted. Students invited to participate will be placed in service areas based on our program needs.
Volunteering should not be viewed as a means of obtaining employment. If you are seeking a paid position, visit our Careers page.
College students who are considering a career as a physician are invited to apply to the MedEx program after completing required volunteer hours.
Complete the application, and submit during the time frames listed below. Incomplete applications, as well as applications submitted outside of the below time frames, will not be accepted.
Semester Application Deadlines
- Spring: Nov. 1-30
- Summer: April 15-May 15
- Fall: July 15-Aug. 15
After you submit your application, Volunteer Services will review it and, if selected, contact you for an interview. If you are accepted into the program, you must complete these enrollment requirements before volunteering:
- Background check
- Immunization review
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete the volunteer training program
If you have questions about the requirements or general questions related to volunteering, call:
- Barron: Call 715-537-6766 or email Connie Dennis.
- Bloomer: Call 715-568-6177, or email Karen White.
- Eau Claire: Call 715-838-3262, or email Lisa Nielsen.
- Hospice: Call 715-464-5265, or email Jessica Entzminger.
- Menomonie: Call 715-233-7314, or email Karen White.
- Osseo: Call 715-233-7314, or email Karen White.
- Rice Lake: Call 715-537-6766 or email Connie Dennis.