Tips for a Successful Visit:
It is helpful to schedule your appointment as far in advance as possible and inform the appointment desk about the general nature of your medical problem, or the reason for your appointment. This allows us to schedule extra time if needed. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel it at least 24 hours in advance.
Report to the front desk 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Please advise the receptionist of any changes in your address, telephone number, insurance coverage, marital status, etc., that may have occurred since your last visit.
Bring the following items to your clinic appointment:
• List of medications you are taking
• Insurance and/or Medicare or Medicaid ID cards
• Medical records if you were seen at another facility
• Completed general medical history form the clinic may have mailed you
If your provider asks to see you at a later date for a follow-up exam, lab work or conference, please make arrangements for the visit with the receptionist before leaving the clinic.
Pre-appointment questions to consider:
• What are your symptoms?
• When did they start?
• Have they become more severe, less severe or constant over time?
• Do these symptoms occur at a certain time of day, or during a certain activity?
• What medications are you taking, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies?
• How long have you been taking those medications?
• Do not be afraid to ask questions of your provider. You may find it helpful to write them down beforehand.