Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN)
Preparing for your little miracle begins months before you arrive at the hospital for your baby’s birth. Our education series and support services will help prepare you for the birth of your baby and assist you in your parenting role.
Women who receive prenatal care at the clinic in Albert Lea typically deliver at Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin. The obstetricians that provide prenatal and postpartum care in Albert Lea and Austin deliver babies in Austin.
In-Person Childbirth Education
We offer traditional childbirth education programs with in-person classes which will help you get ready for labor, delivery and care of your baby. View the 2019 schedule.
Visit our Classes and Events page for dates and times in 2020.
Online Childbirth Education
Can’t come to a childbirth class? We’ll bring it to you! Consider the Understanding Birth eClass your go-to guide for answers you can trust on childbirth. This interactive online course covers essential information on labor and more, and highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also get a sense of what labor is really like as you watch several birth stories.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Allow 4-6 hours to complete the course.
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
What’s included with the eClass?
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth checklist and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
- Once you purchase your "seat" to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 240 days. You will have access to the Parent’s Toolbox for 18 months.
- Schedule a personal tour of the Family Birthplace by calling your maternity counselor.
Class fee is $50. There are no refunds. Register and pay with your credit card.