Losing weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle can be difficult. You may be unsure of how much you should eat to lose weight. Understanding portions can be tricky. But having tools to help with portion control can you maintain or lose weight.
Here are some ways to help judge a healthy portion:
- One medium whole fruit is equivalent to a tennis ball.
- One-half cup of chopped, cooked or canned fruit is equivalent to a computer mouse.
- One cup of raw, leafy vegetables is equivalent to four lettuce leaves.
- One cup of chopped, cooked or canned raw veggies is equivalent to one baseball.
- Whole-wheat bread is equivalent to one CD.
- One cup of dry cereal is the size of your fist.
Cheese and meat
- One and a half ounces of cheese is equivalent to a pair of dice.
- Three ounces of meat is equivalent to a deck of playing cards.
- One ounce of fat is equivalent to a ping-pong ball.
Knowing how to eat healthier can help you take control of how much you eat each day. Download a PDF to remind you of easy ways to judge food portions to help you live a healthier lifestyle.