Next Class: 09/10/2019
Support Groups: Living Again Cancer Support Group
Eau Claire, WI
Mayo Clinic Health System
1221 Whipple St.
Cancer Center Meditation Room
Cancer Center entrance
This cancer support group offers fun and educational activities to help patients, survivors and caregivers learn how to handle everyday life during and after treatment.
- April 9 — “Cancer Staging: What Does it Mean?” will be presented by Melissa Hart, M.D. Staging is the process of determining how much cancer is in the body. Learn about the different stages of cancer and how they are determined.
- May 14 — "Fitness After Treatment" will be presented by Carrie Malicki, a YMCA trainer. Learn how exercise during and after treatment improves energy levels, builds strength, and increases flexibility and endurance.
- Sept. 10 — "Lymphedema" will be presented by Courtney Fedie, occupational and lymphedema therapist. Learn how to reduce lymphedema symptoms or reduce the risk of developing lymphedema.
- Oct. 8 — "Unraveling the Mystery of Medical Imaging" will be presented by Megan Meyers, M.D. Learn about the differences between CT, MRI and PET scans, and how these tests are helpful in the diagnosis of cancer and follow-up care.
- Nov. 12 — "Recent Updates in Cancer Research" will be presented by Zachary Wilson, M.D. Hear about the advancements in research and cancer treatment. Cancer-related questions are welcome.
Print a flyer with Living Again group dates for reference.