Next Class: 12/05/2016
Prenatal & Parenting: eLearning Childbirth Education
Lake City, MN
The eLearning program is ongoing and you may register at any time.
The eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an option for those parents who cannot attend conventional prenatal classes or would like home-based education. It may also be used as a “refresher” course or to reinforce what you learned in class.
It is an interactive web-based program that includes animated illustrations, videos and voice-overs and can be viewed on a PC, Mac or mobile devices. High speed internet is advised, but dial-up will work; it will take longer to download.
The program includes:
- Access to the eLearning program. A handbook and other written materials will be sent to you by mail.
- One face-to-face class with a registered nurse educator. This class is optional and is available in Red Wing.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by e-mail to answer brief questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
All interested participants must register to receive login information. To register or for more information, please call 651-267-5375.