Next Class: 05/03/2018
Professional Education & CME: La Crosse Child Maltreatment Conference
La Crosse, WI
The conference runs 8 a.m to 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 3 and 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 4.
This nationally recognized conference addresses strategies the multidisciplinary team can use to intervene when child maltreatment is reported, collaborate with community and family to protect children, and ensure justice for child victims of abuse/neglect.
2018 Conference Objectives
- Describe multi-disciplinary approaches to investigating child deaths
- Recognize “sentinel injuries” to improve recognition and response to child abuse/neglect
- Review how ethical issues and child protection efforts can be addressed
- Discuss how parental substance use impacts children’s welfare and safety needs
- Explain how religion/spiritual issues may impact child abuse/neglect intervention planning