Next Class: 10/24/2019
Professional Education & CME: Acute Care and Emergency Symposium
Eau Claire, WIMayo Clinic Health System
1221 Whipple St.
7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Acute Care and Emergency Symposium will improve patient outcomes by enhancing the knowledge of critical care and emergency health care professionals. This learning activity is designed for registered nurses, advance practice providers, emergency and prehospital providers, and other health care professionals practicing in critical care and emergency medicine.
After completing this learning activity, you will be able to:
- Discuss current trends and treatment modalities for patients receiving acute care and emergency treatment
- Describe current evidence used in clinical practice to improve patient outcomes
- How trauma affects the brain and psyche
- Minors and the legal system
- Pediatric orthopedic injuries
- Organ and tissue donation
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
ANCC nursing contact hours (TBD) will be awarded for this activity.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Online registration is required by Oct. 1. Space is limited.
Accommodations are available throughout the Chippewa Valley. A list is available from Visit Eau Claire.