Next Class: 03/09/2018
Professional Education & CME: 22nd Annual Symposium on Geriatric Health — Selected Topics on Aging
200 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse, WI
View the conference brochure for a complete list of topics and event agenda.
What’s New in the Field of Aging?
The purpose of this Geriatric Symposium is to expand the participants’ knowledge base on current healthcare topics affecting the elderly patients, specifically: frailty, neuropsychological consultation, irritable bowel syndrome, speech and language in MCI and AD, incontinence, and meaning and purpose.
Physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, administrators, dieticians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other allied health professionals.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of frailty.
- Define ways to prevent or reduce the risk of their patients becoming frail.
- List the implications of frailty.
- Describe the communication changes that are evident across stages of cognitive decline in AD dementia
- Recognize when referrals for stress and urge incontinence are appropriate.