Transitional Care Benefits
Preparing for Independence
Mayo Transitional Care offers high-quality Mayo Clinic care in a community hospital setting. Here's how you and your family can benefit from the program:
- This more intimate environment allows the multidisciplinary care team to provide personalized care.
- Multidisciplinary teams strive to prepare you for a successful return home, reducing your risk of getting readmitted to an acute care hospital.
- In most cases, you will be able to receive transitional care closer to home, which makes it easier for family and friends to participate in your recovery by attending therapy sessions and learning how to help when you go home.
- Nurse staffing levels in Mayo Transitional Care facilities match that of regular hospital settings to ensure you receive all the attention you need.
- Patient rooms are well equipped, comfortable and many are private.
- Mayo Transitional Care teams consult with providers from referring acute care hospitals, including Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Health System, should questions or concerns arise.