Leaders from Mayo Clinic Health System in Cannon Falls will host a public informational event on Thursday, Nov. 1. Community members will have a chance to learn about the medical center’s continued plans to build a new a new state-of-the-art medical center off Highway 52 on the south side of the city.
The informational session will take place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the First English Lutheran Church located at 511 Belle Street West in Cannon Falls.
With much of the initial planning done, the project has moved into the next phase which includes identifying sources of funding for the construction. Mayo Clinic and the community of Cannon Falls will need to partner in funding the new facility. The total project cost is expected to be around $30 million, with $10 million of that coming from local sources. The medical center is close to its goal but still has $3.2 million to raise locally.
Once all the funding sources have been identified, the project will move into a final phase, where review of more detailed planning will take place, ahead of final approvals.
Benefits of the planned new facility go beyond the continued presence of dependable, high-quality health care. They include:
- Increased access to emergency care in time-sensitive, life-threatening situations
- Attraction of new patients from Cannon Falls and neighboring communities
- Stronger viability of Cannon Falls as an attractive community to live and raise a family
- Employment opportunities at the expanded medical center, including attracting high-quality staff who would like to work in a new facility
- Overall positive impact on economic growth in the region
- More opportunities to share resources and work collaboratively with other Mayo Clinic Health System locations nearby, such as Lake City and Red Wing
- More streamlined access to Mayo Clinic when needed
For questions about the informational event or fundraising efforts, contact Dean Lindeman at 507-263-1362.
Press ContactAsia Zmuda