BARRON, Wis. — Seven graduating seniors from Barron, Cameron, Chetek-Weyerhaeuser, Cumberland, Prairie Farm, Rice Lake and Turtle Lake high schools recently received $500 scholarships from Mayo Clinic Health System – Northland in Barron.
- Barron: Sarah Prill will attend Viterbo University in La Crosse to pursue a degree in dietetics.
- Cameron: Sam Metropulos will attend the University of Minnesota-Duluth to begin degrees in biochemistry and pre-pharmacy.
- Chetek-Weyerhaeuser: Kaylee Garland will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison to pursue a degree in premedicine.
- Cumberland: Lexie Friess will attend the University of Minnesota-Mankato to begin degrees in biology and pre-physical therapy.
- Prairie Farm: Jonah Picknell will attend the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse to pursue a degree in radiation therapy.
- Rice Lake: Madeline Rae Lloyd will attend the University of Minnesota-Duluth to pursue degrees in biology and premedicine.
- Turtle Lake: Taylor Schneider will attend the University of Minnesota-Duluth to pursue a degree in pre-physical therapy.
Charitable gifts to Mayo Clinic Health System help the organization with its mission of promoting the health and meeting the health care needs of patients. Donations support building and expansion projects, medical equipment, services, and other programs and opportunities to benefit the community.
For more information or to make a donation to Mayo Clinic Health System, please call Development at 715-838-3219, or visit mayoclinichealthsystem.org/donate.
# # #
Mayo Clinic Health System consists of Mayo-owned clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities that serve the health care needs of people in 60 communities in Georgia, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The community-based providers, paired with the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic, enable patients in the region to receive the highest-quality health care close to home.
Press ContactKristin Everett