EAU CLAIRE, Wis. –– Designed with children in mind, a new Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine location will open Monday, Dec. 5, at Mayo Clinic Health System, lower level, Midelfort Building West, Luther Campus, 1400 Bellinger St.
Santa Claus will be the special guest at a public open house from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3. Tours and displays also will be available. Parking is available in the clinic lot.
The new area will feature:
• Pediatric IV room for young patients needing intravenous medication
• Private lactation room for nursing mothers
• Sound-proof audiology room to test hearing
• Family restroom with regular- and smaller-sized commodes
• Blanket warmers to enhance patient comfort
• Colorful surroundings to create a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere for children
• Reception area with an interactive floor, touch-screen computers with children’s games and an adolescent area with a galaxy art display
“Everything from design to décor was done to keep our young patients — from infants to teens — and their families in mind,” said pediatrician Teri Stevenson, M.D.
Two pediatricians have had offices on second floor of the Midelfort Building East since November 2008. By remodeling the Midelfort Building West lower level, space is available for six pediatricians.
Pediatricians also will continue to see patients at the Clairemont Campus in Eau Claire and at sites throughout northwest Wisconsin. Physicians and their locations are:
• Eau Claire, Luther Campus: James Haigh, M.D.; Gregg Kishaba, M.D.; Natasa Milosavljevic, M.D.; Karen Myhre, M.D.; and John Plewa, M.D.
• Eau Claire, Clairemont Campus: Aamir Ansari, M.D.; Kevin Gilmartin, M.D.; Teri Stevenson, M.D.
# # #
Mayo Clinic Health System consists of Mayo-owned clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities that serve the health care needs of people in 70 communities in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The community-based providers, paired with the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic, enable patients in the region to receive the highest-quality health care close to home.