Cardiac Care at Mayo Clinic Health System in Waycross is an integrated system of care, incorporating the latest technology while offering the area’s referral center for primary cardiac care. Our physicians, specialists, nurses and other health care professionals combine their efforts and experience to give this region a heart center armed with the means of fighting heart disease.
Designed with a patient-centered approach, our Heart Center boasts a dedicated covered entrance, new catheterization equipment, and spacious diagnostic and exam rooms.
The Critical Care Center, as well as our renowned Regional Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab, provides additional support services for those suffering with cardiac related illnesses. We also emphasize the importance of rehabilitation and prevention by educating healthy lifestyle changes and risk-factor modification.
Our cardiology team provides comprehensive and coordinated care for diagnosing and treating heart disease.
Non-invasive services include:
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitor placement
- Holter and event monitor placement
- Cardiac CT with calcium scoring
- Exercise treadmill and cardiac nuclear stress testing
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Pacemaker and defibrillator checks
- Stress echocardiography
- Tilt table testing
- Echocardiography: transthoracic, transesophageal, cardioversions
Invasive procedures include:
- Diagnostic cardiac and peripheral angiography
- Cardiac and peripheral interventions
- Pacemaker and defibrillator insertions
- Pressure wire testing and intravascular ultrasound
- Right heart catheterization and pulmonary hypertension evaluation