Thank you for choosing Mayo Clinic Health System for your health care needs. As a regional medical center, we are committed to providing the highest quality care.
Please read the information below to help guide you through the payment process.
If you have insurance
- Mayo Clinic Health System will submit your bill to your insurance company. You will be asked to assign benefits from your insurance company directly to Mayo Clinic Health System. Please remember, your policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, and you have final responsibility for payment of your bill.
- Co-payments will be collected at the time services are performed.
- We will request a copy of your insurance card.
- You are responsible to make sure the requirements of your insurance plan have been met, including pre-certifications, referrals, etc.
If you have no insurance
Please contact our patient financial representatives to discuss payment arrangements. They are able to assist you with applying for Georgia state health care programs.
Separate statements will be sent for hospital services and physician/provider services.
- You will receive a statement of your account when there is a self-pay balance due and every 30 days thereafter. You will not receive a statement when your account balance is zero.
Methods of Payment
Our financial policies require all accounts to be paid in full. We accept the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
If you are unable to make payment in full, we offer the following options:
- Short-term medical payment arrangements
- A 10-month payment arrangement is available through Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Extended payment plan
- An extended payment plan is available through Mayo Clinic Health System. To qualify for this program, you must complete a financial questionnaire and provide income verification.
If you are unable to pay
If you feel you are unable to pay for all your services at Mayo Clinic Health System, you may qualify for financial assistance (Charity Care). This program recognizes the financial hardships that unplanned or unexpected health care needs can create. It is based on income, assets and family size. Therefore, completion of a financial questionnaire and income verification is required. You may also be required to apply for medical assistance. Our patient financial representatives and registration staff can assist you in this process.
For more information
For further information on any of these programs or if you have any questions or concerns on our financial policies, please contact our patient financial representatives at 912-338-6039.