Many people throughout the course of their lives develop acute wounds or are struggling to heal a chronic wound. Severe acute or chronic wounds have a better chance to heal if patients are involved in a program of coordinated, cooperative care. However, this kind of treatment can be hard to manage because it involves many different clinicians. That's where the Wound Care Services Team at Mayo Clinic Health System in Waseca can help.
Wound Care Services is a partnership of health care providers from Mayo Clinic Health System in Waseca. By working together, we give patients with chronic wounds a chance to receive many types of care from one place, close to home.
Our Wound Care Services Team includes physicians, wound-certified therapists and nurses who are specially trained in wound management. We can treat your wounds as well as identify and treat many common causes of acute and chronic wounds.
- Traumatic wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Venous insufficiency ulcerations and skin changes
- Postoperative flap and graft care
We utilize the newest clinical tools for wound healing to speed up the healing process. Most problem wounds respond to basic wound treatments:
- Topical wound medications
- Specialized dressings
- Debridement of non-viable tissue
- Compression wrapping
- Gradient compression stockings
- Off-weighting and pressure reduction
- Ultrasound MIST therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy (wound vac)
Patient care will also focus on a coordinated, cooperative approach to wound care healing including:
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Diabetic teaching
- Patient and caregiver counseling
- Pain management
- Pressure relief mattresses
- Physical Therapy services
- Coordinated care with prosthetics/amputee clinic
- Coordinated care with vascular surgery
Call 1-877-412-7575 (toll-free) to schedule an appointment.