Mayo Clinic Health System Hospice Program is committed to:
- Quality, patient and family-centered care for individuals facing a terminal illness, and no longer pursuing curative treatment.
- Providing hospice services at the patient's home, whether a private residence, assisted living or long-term care facility.
- Providing comfort and compassion during the final journey of life.
- An individualized care plan for each patient.
- An interdisciplinary team approach to the patient's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Expertise in pain and symptom management.
- Education and preparation of patient and family for death at home.
- Bereavement support for the family for one year following the patient's death. Services include: Individual grief support, grief seminars, support groups for adults and teens and a grief camp for children.
Visit our regional Hospice Program page for information on commonly asked questions, eligibility criteria, how to begin the Hospice Program and more.