The Mayo Clinic Health System Medical Assistant Internship Program is an opportunity for medical assistant (MA) students to work and learn with Mayo Clinic Health System. Students will have the opportunity to work up to full time in a 12 week period. During this time the student will have opportunities to spend time with Patient Access, Health Information Management, Financial Management and Laboratory.
To apply for a medical assistant internship, students must:
- Be enrolled in a medical assistant program with academic affiliation with Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Be enrolled in an internship course.
- Provide proof of certification in basic life support.
- Have an average grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
To apply for a medical assistant internship position, please complete the Medical Internship Application during the following time frames:
||Application packet due
After receiving your application, we will email you an informational packet to complete. Internships are competitive and based upon the application packet submitted. After the packet is received and processed, intern applicants will receive notification.
The packet includes:
- Cover letter of introduction
- Goals of internship
- Internship questions
Once accepted you are provided with preceptor information.
- Review the student orientation packet.
- Print, sign and submit the student signature page to your academic organization.
- Watch the EMR orientation video.
- Review the EMR login instructions.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the student parking lot map for where to park.
Click here to access all of the above referenced documents.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.