The Mayo Clinic Health System Medical Assistant Internship Program is an opportunity for medical assistant (MA) students to work and learn at Mayo Clinic Health System. Students will have the opportunity to work up to full time in a 12-week period, spending time with Patient Access, Health Information Management, Financial Management and Laboratory.
To apply for a Medical Assistant Internship, students must:
- Be enrolled in a medical assistant program with academic affiliation with Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Be enrolled in an internship course.
- Provide proof of certification in basic life support.
- Have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher
To apply for a Medical Assistant Internship position, complete the Medical Internship Application, found by searching our Career page during the following time frames:
Application submission: Sept. 1–30
Application submission: March 1–30
Once accepted, and you are provided with preceptor information:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Watch the EMR Orientation Video.
- Review the EMR Login Instructions.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.