The Exercise Specialist Internship Program is an opportunity for students studying exercise science or a related field to work and learn at Mayo Clinic Health System.
To apply for an Exercise Specialist Internship, students must:
- Be enrolled in a Master of Exercise Science or related program that has an academic affiliation with Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Provide proof of certification in basic life support/cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS/CPR).
- Have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
Suggested internship schedule:
- Interns are expected to intern a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Available hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or Tuesday and Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To apply for an Exercise Specialist Internship position, complete the Exercise Specialist Internship Application on our Career page during the following time frames:
Application posted/dates for submission: Sept. 1–30
Internship dates: January–April
Application posted/dates for submission: Feb. 1–30
Internship dates: May–August
Application posted/dates for submission: May 1–30
Internship dates: September–December
Once accepted, and you are provided with preceptor information:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Watch the following EMR videos:
- EMR Orientation.
- EMR Care Compass Overview.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, contact us by email at email@example.com.