Most non-nursing, clinical-academic programs require students to apply principles, concepts, and critical-thinking skills learned in the classroom in an acute care and/or clinic setting. Clinical experiences in the health care setting are an integral part of the education process and we are pleased to support these experiences. We have agreements with many academic institutions and encourage faculty, clinical instructors and/or students to complete the Clinical Experience Request Form to initiate the process.
Allied Health Clinical/Preceptorship Experience Programs include:
- Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Athletic Training
- Laboratory Technician (MLT/LT)
- Cardiovascular Invasive Services
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
To initiate the student clinical process, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Clinical Experience Request Form (if not already approved).
Once accepted, and you are provided with preceptor information:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Watch the EMR Orientation Video.
- Review the EMR Login Instructions.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.