The Sparta Radiology Department offers full field digital mammography for breast cancer screening in a comfortable, home-like setting. All images are sent electronically to radiologists in La Crosse for review. Our patients typically receive their results within a week. Women 40 years and older can be screened for breast cancer.
The advantages of digital mammography include:
- improved imaging of dense breast tissue, which is common in younger women;
- decreased waste, uses less energy and eliminates the use of chemicals needed to process x-ray film;
- general digital mammography takes about 50% less time to perform a screening mammogram than traditional film mammography;
- easier access to images across health care systems; being able to transmit images to another facility with the click of a button; and
- able to correct images for over exposure or under exposure without having to repeat the x-ray.
Information and Appointments:
Please call 608-269-2132