Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN)
- The BirthPlace
- Provider Choices
- OB Shared Care Program
- eLearning Childbirth Education
- Services and Procedures
- Birth Control
A variety of prenatal and postnatal classes are offered for expectant women, their childbirth coaches and family members.
Click on the button below for a listing of 2017 classes.
VBAC video blog with Seanna Thompson, M.D.
Learn more about the option of attempting a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Women's health care designed for you
Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) at Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing provides care designed for your whole body.
We view our role in women's health as a partnership — helping you understand the options available — so you can make decisions that fit your lifestyle.
A multidisciplinary team of experts collaborate to provide individually-driven care for women, including :
- Minimally invasive treatment for heavy periods
- Menopause treatment including treatment for hot flashes and osteoporosis
- Traditional treatment of disease
- Adolescent gynecology
- Preventive health care measures
- Prenatal care
- Childbirth, including Trial of labor after cesarean (TOLAC) and Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Obstetrical and gynecologic ultrasound
- Cancer screening
- Family planning
- Urinary incontinence
- Traditional gynecological surgeries
- Weight management
You may receive prenatal and postpartum care from an obstetrician-gynecologist (OB-GYN), certified nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, or from a family medicine provider, who work in partnership as part of our OB Shared Care program. At Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing, you may choose from the following:
Ryan Kelly, M.D.*
*Dr. Kelly is qualified to offer prenatal care,
labor & delivery, and postnatal care.