Mayo Clinic Health System in New Prague wants you to receive the best possible care. To that end, we want you to be a partner in your care. You have specific rights and responsibilities that will help make your care as safe and effective as possible.
As a patient at Mayo Clinic Health System in New Prague you have the right to:
- Receive care without discrimination due to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, handicap or source of payment.
- Receive evaluation and management of pain.
- Have all communications and records pertaining to your health care kept confidential.
- Examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of the source of payment and receive information regarding financial assistance.
- Receive considerate and respectful care in a safe and private environment that respects your values, beliefs and life philosophy.
- Express comments or feedback regarding your care to your physician or other care provider or a Social Services staff member.
As a patient at Mayo Clinic Health System in New Prague you have the responsibility to:
- Provide accurate and complete information about your health, including current conditions, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other health-related issues even if they aren't related to your health care condition.
- Report any risks in your care.
- Ask questions when you need clarification about your care and what you are expected to do.
- Follow the care, service, or treatment plan developed with your cooperation and tell your health care team if you have any concerns about your ability to follow the plan.
- Accept the consequences of your actions if you choose not to follow the treatment plan.
- Report any pain and participate in the development of a pain management plan with your health care team.
- Follow the hospital's rules regarding visiting hours and tobacco use and be respectful of the staff, other patients and property.
All hospital care providers, physicians, department directors, managers, supervisors and staff are dedicated to understanding and resolving your concerns. We pledge to you our timely and respectful response. If we are unable to resolve your concern to your satisfaction, you have the right to contact:
Department of Human Services
444 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55101
Department of Health
Office of Health Facility Complaints
717 SE Delaware Street, Room 118
Minneapolis, MN 55440