Mayo Clinic Health System supports clinical experiences for surgical technologist students in the spring and fall semesters. Summer rotations are for surgical technologist internships. As a surgical technologist student at Mayo Clinic Health System, you will assist in surgical operations under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses and anesthesiologists. You will be a vital member of the operating room team during your clinical experience and/or internship.
To apply for a clinical experience, which is offered during the spring or fall semester, complete the Clinical Experience Request Form.
Once accepted, and you are provided with preceptor information:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.
If you have any questions, contact the academic coordinator at 507-304-7272 or email@example.com.