1. The first step in creating your advance directive is to get two witnesses who know you and can watch you sign the form. The witnesses must meet this criteria:
- They should know you by verifying two forms of identification.
- They cannot be the person named on the form as your power of attorney.
- They cannot be your health care provider.
- They cannot be your relative.
- They must be present to watch you sign the form.
2. Print and complete an advance directive form. If you would like a paper copy of this form sent to you, please call 715-464-7342.
3. Sign the form in front of your two witnesses.
4. Make four copies and distribute:
- Your records
- Your health care provider
- Your power of attorney
- Your lawyer