The two most valuable gifts we can give each other is our time and talents. Volunteers at Mayo Clinic Health System enjoy the satisfaction of helping others. Volunteers can learn new skills and interests and develop new friendships.
Volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but share the common desire to help others. Volunteers are retirees, teenagers, former patients, professionals, homemakers, men and women, those who are busy and those who are not so busy.
There are several areas at all our locations that would like additional support. With a warm smile and friendly personality, you could assist patients and guests in the following ways:
- Staff reception and visitor information desks
- Clerk in gift shop
- Perform clerical tasks and/or data entry
- Deliver patient flowers and mail
- Host medical center tours
- Assist in special projects
- Knit baby caps and create unique gifts for fundraisers with the LadyBugs
- Provide Lifeline assistance
- Help with fundraisers
- Escort visitors and patients
- Participate in leadership training
- Provide companionship to patients
- Stock linens and supplies
Please call 715-233-7314 or email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on becoming a volunteer.