We recognize the health care needs of children and adolescents are different than the health care needs of adults. For this reason, a variety of pediatric specialists are available to our pediatric, adolescent and young adult patients:
- Pediatric and adolescent development and behavior services provide a comprehensive team approach to diagnosis and treatment of attention-deficit disorder (ADD), autism spectrum disorder, anxiety disorders, depression, learning disabilities, and other behavioral and developmental concerns.
- Pediatric and adolescent neurology identifies and treats diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nervous system and muscles, including headaches, epilepsy, sleep disorders, weakness, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and balance and cognitive disorders.
- Pediatric and adolescent allergy and asthma specializes in the evaluation of asthma and the allergic diseases of the nose, eyes, skin and chest as well as immunodeficiency and insect allergy.
- Pediatric and adolescent psychiatry assists in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of disorders including ADHD, oppositional defiant and conduct disorders, mood disorders and autistic spectrum disorders.
- Pediatric and adolescent sports medicine provides diagnosis and treatment for all types of sports injuries, such as broken bones, dislocations, sprains, ligament tears and tendonitis.
- Visiting specialists from Mayo Clinic provide care to patients who have complex medical conditions. Specialists in the following areas regularly visit in Eau Claire:
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Pediatric gastroenterology