General Visiting Hours
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. In order to enhance the quality of care, visits are encouraged, but not limited, to the times below.
General visiting is allowed from 11 a.m.to 8:30 p.m. daily. If needed, extended visiting time can be arranged with the nursing staff. Children may visit but must be accompanied by an adult at all times, whether in the patient's room or lobby area. The following specialty care areas have specific guidelines:
- Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit
- Immediate family may visit for 10 minutes every two hours on even hours only (i.e. 8, 10, 12, etc.). A lounge is available for family adjacent to the unit.
- Intermediate Care
- There is no visiting allowed from 1 to 2 p.m. each day.
- Mental Health
- Adult patients may have visitors on weekdays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 2:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Only the parents of adolescent patients may visit them during the above times.
- Non-family members should call 507-385-2637 to make arrangements.
- Family Recovery Program (Chemical Dependency)
- Visitors are allowed only on weekends; Saturdays from 4 to 8:30 p.m., and Sundays from noon to 8:30 p.m.
- Women's and Children's Pavilion
- Quiet time 2 to 4 p.m. each day. Visitors are encouraged to come before or after quiet time so that patients may rest.
- Maternal Child Health/Family Birth Center
- Non-restrictive for fathers, children, significant others and grandparents. Parents have the option of choosing which visitors they want and when they would like them to visit.
Visitors are asked to follow these general guidelines:
- Visitors should wash their hands before entering a patient room and upon leaving a patient room.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital or on campus.
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.