The Regional Sleep Disorders Center is the only accredited sleep center in south central Minnesota. This means:
- The medical director must be board certified in sleep medicine.
- The sleep center must follow the American Medical Association code of ethics.
- The testing rooms must provide privacy, comfort and security of patients.
- All staff must participate in continuing education classes on an annual basis to further their working knowledge of current technology and procedures.
- All fees and billing must comply with both federal, state and local regulations for the operation of a medical practice.
The accreditation committee is made up of the national chair and nine other sleep specialists from across the United States. A site visit must prove to the committee and the AASM board of directors that a facility meets all of the standards. If this is the case, then full accreditation is granted for five years.
The Regional Sleep Disorders Center provides comprehensive clinical testing for several sleep disorders:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless legs syndrome
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Idiopathic daytime hypersomnia
- REM behavior disorder
- Nocturnal seizure disorder
The Sleep Disorders Center features six hotel-like rooms, with the following features:
- Available seven nights a week.
- Clinicians conduct sleep studies - patients sleep overnight.
- Two rooms are designed for special needs patients - ADA compliant and bariatric patients.
- A breakfast room features continental breakfast served everyday.
If you need to contact us after normal business hours, call