As Mayo Clinic Health System nursing staff, it is our privilege and responsibility to provide high quality and compassionate care for our patients, their families and our community. We commit to clinical excellence through nursing practice.
To be a premier nursing organization that builds upon a culture that is patient centered, caring and engaged in nursing inquiry.
Based upon the guiding principle that the needs of the patient come first, the Mayo Clinic Health System Nursing staff is committed to:
- Safe patient care
- Respect for the value and worth of each individual
- Evidence-based, data driven decisions
- Respectful and collaborative partnerships
- Life-long learning for ourselves and others
- Ethical and holistic care
- Advocacy for patients to attain their optimal health or a dignified death
Read more about our philosophy
Our Core Values
- Life-long learning
- Evidence and research
- Ethical care