ImPact (immediate post concussion assessment and cognitive testing) provides computerized neuro-cognitive assessments to assist health care providers in determining whether you are safe to return to play after suffering a concussion.
Services are provided to athletes in 8th and 10th grade who participate in high school sporting activities.
- Baseline Testing
- $10 per athlete
- Occurs during 8th and 10th grade
- Determines baseline neurocognitive abilities
- Measures verbal and visual memory, processing speed and reaction time
- Post-Concussion Testing (if necessary)
- Athlete retested to determine if an to what extent impairments exist
- Concussion assessment
- Additional Mayo concussion and balance assessment performed for well-rounded analysis
- Return to play plan established
- With complex concussion symptoms, established referral protocols are made to Mayo Clinic Rochester concussion team