To achieve the goal of you safely returning to work, physical and occupational therapists develop a program focused on you. In order to reduce risk of further injury, therapists coordinate with your work supervisors to evaluate your job site and job requirements.
- An analysis of your job site
- An ergonomic assessment
- A functional capacity assessment
- Two days of testing for four hours per day
- The assessment is used to determine your ability in functional tasks (sitting, standing, lifting, lifting, carrying, hand coordination, etc.)
- It provides recommendations and suggestions to enhance your safety and your improve performance
- The assessment will address your needs and concerns related to your work environment by developing a home exercise program.