We believe it's important for healthcare consumers to have access to patient safety information so they can make objective choices about their health care options.
View a video of patient safety tips: Patient Safety Video
We also believe it's an important part of the patient/care team relationship to be able to view information on our patient safety efforts.
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Lake City has a number of patient safety initiatives in process. Patient safety is an integral part of our operations, and we're proud of our efforts. Mayo Clinic Health System hospitals and clinics work together as a team to identify and enhance patient safety efforts.
- We continuously work to learn about our system and to make improvements to the overall patient experience with a focus on safety, service, and clinical outcomes. We use our resources wisely and efficiently to deliver the best possible care, and we are committed to even higher quality of care, service and safety.
- We have a strong referral system with Mayo Clinic and other health care providers for complex cases.
- We provide the appropriate level of care in the appropriate location.
- We have implemented an electronic medical record system. This system helps us store all patient data and records in an easily accessible location for all members of the care team to access at the time you receive care in this location.
You, as the patient, also play a vital role in making your care safe by becoming an active, involved and informed member of your care.