Mayo Clinic Health System in Lake City is committed not only to meeting the needs of its patients but also to the communities it serves.
Goodwill giving is one way Lake City demonstrates this commitment. Each year, Lake City donates funds as well as giveaway items to community organizations and groups to assist them with a variety of community-based efforts.
Priority consideration is given to those that meet at least one of the following priority areas:
- Promoting health, wellness and safety in our service area
- Promoting youth potential in our service area
- Partnering for community growth and development in our service area
Lake City's primary service area includes Lake City, Wabasha, Plainview and Alma, Wis. The medical center will also consider goodwill giving to communities and organizations in Goodhue, Frontenac, Red Wing, Mazeppa, Millville and Zumbro Falls, Minn.; Maiden Rock, Nelson, Pepin and Stockholm, Wis.; Altura, Dover, Elgin, Kellogg, and Rollingstone, Minn.
Qualifications for Lake City goodwill giving
Lake City is unable to contribute donations to the following:
- Any organization that does not provide equal access or who discriminates on the basis of age, gender, race, religious affiliation, sexual preference or disability
- Groups or organizations outside Lake City's service area
- Endowment funds
- Religious organizations requesting contributions for sole benefit of their group or congregation or for purposes of soliciting new members
- For-profit organizations
- General operating expenses of any organization, regardless of its tax-exempt status
- Any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office
- Non-employee individuals